Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Camping Or Bust!!!











Okay, lets catch up on what has been going on this last week! Well, after the Dunes we were thinking that we would stay home for Memorial Day but on Friday, I woke up and thought… “I really want to go camping” and so halfway through the day Mark called me and said “So, how bad to you really NOT want to go camping” and I just laughed and told him that I was packed and ready to go. So he came home early and off we went!

We went to the Uinta Mountains…Marsh/Bridger Lake area with Jill & Josh and Josh’s family! It was a fun time. There were lots of kids there so Tyce wasn’t bored. At Wal-Mart last week, I found these large size plastic safari animals and dinosaurs for only $.88 a piece! I got a ton! And the kids had so much fun playing with those in the dirt! Tyce got really dirty but had a blast. It wasn’t even too cold like it usually is up there! But it is funny that just the weekend before we were cooking our clothes right off at the Dunes and now we were in 3 layers. Crazy stuff but one thing I love about Utah!

Mark, Tyce and I went fishing and Tyce got to touch his first fish…but really he was more interested in throwing rocks in the water and trying to get IN the water…which had an immediate drop off. No thanks…I’ll hold on to you! Luckily, he didn’t fight me too much!

When we got home, again, I had like 9 loads of laundry to do. Ah, the days of a domestic goddess! Oh yea, want to hear something gross? When Tyce was having his bath after we got home, he pooped in the water and then picked it up and threw it out of the tub. YUCK!! Needless to say…we had to empty the bath, sanitize the tub and start all over again. Nasty! At least I got out of having to change a dirty diaper huh? I am not quite sure what is worse though!

On a much more serious note, I ask that you please pray for my Grandma Lenk. She had to have surgery last night because she fell and shattered one of her lower legs. She will be wheelchair bound for 2 months so after my Aunt leaves…Tyce and I are flying to WA to spend a week taking care of Grandma…the middle of June. My grandma is strong and will make a full recovery (I hope and pray) so hopefully she can reschedule the trip she was leaving on in 2 weeks. Her and her friend Arlene were heading to Africa. They are so upset that the trip is not going to happen…but hopefully it can next summer! Luckily Grandma bought insurance so she will get her money back, but still. I may consider driving if any of you Tri-Town girls want to go on a road trip in a couple weeks? Lindsay...Lacie?

On to better news…We did it!!! We sent in our application for our next adoption. So the ball is rolling! Next, our bishop will send his letter of recommendation and 4 of our friends/family will get their recommendation letters/questionnaires in the mail to fill out and send in. Then we will have an intake interview and then sign up for the next classes, which are in July! I am so ready to start again and hopefully Tyce and the next baby will be close in age! We are already talking to Tyce about it but obviously he just doesn’t care much! LOL!! He just repeats the word...beebee! Cute!

So that is it for now...I will keep you all updated on Grandma and the journey of Adoption #2!

No comments: