Sunday, May 20, 2007

Birth Families ROCK!!!!




Here is a picture of Tyce and his birth Dad, Jami. We just got back from a camping trip with Jami, his mom and dad, sisters, brothers and their families!! We had an amazing time! I am so glad that we have an adoption as open an ours is...it is truly a blessing! We went to the Dunes in central Utah. Tyce had a blast getting dirty and he actually even let Jami hold him twice. If you know my son...you know what a positive thing this is!


It was so HOT. Imagine being in the middle of the desert and 85 degrees. That was about what it was like...except for the extras like water, food, friends...oh yea, and air conditioned trailers! LOL!! And of course the otter pops in our camper freezer!


It must be hard on Tyce's birth families to see him as OUR son. This is just my opinion. They say that it helps them be reassured that adoption was the right choice for Tyce (I completely agree)!! But for me, it would be a very hard thing to see. To each his own right? They recognized us 100% as Tyce's parents and there were no issues there...which can always be a concern. We are truly blessed by this situation and I just pray that our next adoption is as wonderful as this one!! How loved Tyce will feel growing up. They will be able to show him and tell him that he was and is loved and wanted by his Birth Families as well as by HIS family...being us of course!!


I love talking about open adoption! It does my heart good! I love my husband for the amazing father that he is and my son is the light of my life! I never thought I could love so much. I just can't wait to add to our family and in the process...add another branch to our very close family friends, being, another birth family!!
By the way...how cute is my little baby with his cutie patutie baby crack hanging out of his pants?! LOL!! Oh, how fast they turn into little men!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisha: that is SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Birthfamilies are amazing!!

Love,
Robin (TripleR)