Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Craziness Begins!!

An interesting thing happened the other day! I try to not look too deeply into it and I "try" to not get my hopes up but let's face it...this is what I do best! I am an optimist, sorry, I just can't help it! To me, this just seems like a little more than coincidence?!

I have recently received a new calling as a member of the Enrichment Committee at church and we had an activity last week...the "Flip Flop Fling". Catchy huh?!! Our activity was to have the girls from the local beauty college come and give manicures and pedicures to us. It was a fabulous time and as I was having my nails done, one of the other students was talking about her being 6 months pregnant and not making a big to do about it because the "circumstances were not good". Her words. She never mentioned adoption but I felt prompted to say something to lead into a conversation about adoption.

I made a comment about how McKelle (Tyce's birth mom) had expressed to me at times about not telling people about her pregnancy, etc. This girl then asked more about Tyce's adoption, etc. She then told me that she was in the process of choosing a family for her unborn baby. I asked her which agency she was going through in her search and it is the Ogden LDS Family Services...same as us. She has only been once so far but I told her we were going through them again and would be approved in August (she is due October 9th). She says..."well, maybe I should get your profile then!" I say, "Maybe you should!"

So there it is. I gave her our information, names, e-mail, case worker's name, etc. It has been a few days and we haven't heard anything but she is still in the early stages of looking at families. Who knows, maybe we don't fit what she wants for her baby? Maybe she isn't the one? But I realized something...I really need to get things in order. Last time, I had pass along cards with a picture and our information on me at all times and I didn't have that this time. The Lord is telling me to be prepared and I had better listen!

So, please...for those of you who pray...pray for us to find our baby soon. We so want Tyce to have a sibling close to his age, especially if the number of children in our family will be 2. I am still working on more than that...but right now I am just focused on making Mark comfortable with another mouth to feed and take to the doctor! LOL!! He worries but he is such a good provider! Pray for this girl who I believe is called Megan. She seemed sweet but I didn't want to push too hard and scare her away. I would have brought her home had she given me the opening so I have to keep myself in check!

Good night all my loves! Until next time...I have much more to update later!

No comments: