Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin Man!!!



Just down the street from our home is a fruit stand/pumpkin patch. They have all kinds of fun "natural" decorations there and at Halloween time...they do the "Pumpkin Man"! This is when the owner dresses up in overalls and a flannel shirt with a hollowed out Jack-O-Lantern on his head! He sits in the corner and the kids talk to him...some are VERY suprised when he TALKS BACK!!! Yes...some kids go running to their mommy's and hide behind their legs but do my boys? Of course not...they are too adventurous and curious for that nonsense!! I think at their age...I would be scared out of my mind but Tyce runs up to him and "helps" him up off the haystack and talks to him. Kaze just looks and looks and does a little talking of his own! The kids even get to put the pumpkin on their head. I missed my picture op this year but yes...Tyce did put the pumpkin head on! After the "show"...the kids pick a pumpkin from the pile of wonderful pumpkins! We will soon have a family home evening and decorate our pumpkins. Tyce want to open his up and feel the goop inside. He says that "this year...I will touch the yucky stuff"! We had nice weather and it was a good day!



The "Pumpkin Man"



Taking off his head...



See...he is just a "real" man!

No comments: