Thursday, October 16, 2008

He's Here!!!...Introducing Kaze Markus








Isn't he so handsome? Well, this was a wonderful day for our family!! Here is the story! On Wednesday, October 15th, I was having a lot of contractions after my midwife stripped my membranes. Tyce and I spent the 15th grocery shopping and going to the pumpkin patch! Yes, I was in labor and still rock as a mom/homemaker! At mid afternoon I decided that I needed to be home and laboring. Things were getting kind of intense. I was only dialated to a 1 and 80% effaced. Tyce decided that he wanted to have a sleepover with Grandma Jensen so that is what he did! At about 8:45pm, I was laying in bed, breathing through my contractions when I felt something...dare I say...wet. I jumped up to run to the bathroom so as to not leak water on my newly installed carpet and made it just in time as my water bag burst. Immediately I was in excrusiating pain just 2 minutes apart and not even able to catch my breath between. Things were happening fast. I got to the hospital at 9:30pm and was checked and was at 3 cm and 100% effaced with baby at a +1 station (already). I couldn't get ahold of my contractions and ended up with the epidural. Our doula was at another birth and wasn't even able to get back to us until after I had already given up and had the epidural. Oh well, what can you do.

So, I went from 3 cm to 10 cm in 4 hours. Then I was able to relax and let the contractions bring him down more for a couple hours before I started pushing. I pushed for less than one hour and out he came. Perfect!!! Tyce is of course thrilled to be a big brother and will prove to be very...um..."helpful"! LOL!!

Thank you for all your well wishes. I promise to keep you all up to date (we are still working on getting internet at home so I will try my best)! Hugs and loves to you all!!!

18 comments:

Emily said...

I am so happy for you, I almost started crying when I was looking at pictures of you holding him! Give him a big hug from me.

Anonymous said...

I am every so happy for you Daisha!! He is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

WELL YOU DID IT GOOD JOB GIRL! WELL I GUESS MARK HELPED A LITTLE(SMILE). CONTRATS WE ARE REALLY EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU. GOD BLESS AND ENJOY.

LOVE,
UNCLE KURT, AUNT KATRINA AND KIDS

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Finally!! You have to send me (real) pictures. Are you having a baby shower in Tri-Cities?
Let me know. Miss you and Love you. Hope to see you soon. Love Ali

PS. My mom says congrats also, and dad too!

Kathy's Korner said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

What a cutie pie! I'm so happy all went well as you start on

Lovely Lindsay said...

welcome baby! congrats daisha. congrats. i am over the moon for you and your new tiny bundle. love you, love you! lindsay

Away2me (Deanna) said...

Daisha he is so beautiful. Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

He is ABSOLUTELY handsome!! Congratulations!!

Renee said...

Congrats Daisha!!!!!! He is beautiful!

Gosfam said...

Oh yeah for Baby Kaze--welcome to the world!! Great job mommy!! Can't wait to see more pics, they always change so quickly as days go on.

Raindancer said...

Congratulations to you all! Welcome baby Kaze! You are simply gorgeous!

Love,
Heidi

Unknown said...

Congratulations Daisha, Mark and Tyce! We are happy everything went well. Now the fun begins!
Love, Duane and Mel

Marlene said...

Welcome to the family Kaze! You are a darling addition! Lucky Lucky mommy and daddy and big bro!
Aunt Marlene & Uncle Dellas

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. You deserve to be happy after all that waiting and labor! He is handsome. Keep up the good work! :)

Miranda said...

Daisha he's georgous! I am sooo happy for you guys! And Tyce makes a way cute big bro. Let me know how things are going. I miss you guys!

Patti said...

He surely is gorgeous! Congratulations! Pep

Jessie said...

Congratulations Daisha! He is beautiful. And you are amazing.

Boyce Family said...

Congrats Daisha. I am so excited for you and your family. It truly is a miracle and your birth story is amazing. He is adorable and I am sure Tyce will be a good big brother. And I love the name. Congrats again. We love you guys!