Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And the DIAGNOSIS is...

A KIDNEY STONE...

Yup...that dang thing has been causing my pain (obviously), fever, contractions, etc. I am relieved to know that everything really is fine with the baby and I am not in pre-term labor, which also means that I don't need to be on doctor ordered bed rest. Mark on the other hand is still making me stay down...which I will for a few days just because I am tired and in pain. I still have to take my meds (as needed) to slow/stop my contractions and that medication makes me feel weak and my heart races so hopefully I will be able to stop that very soon.

Thank you all so much for your comments and prayers and now we will just pray that this stone will pass with no more problems and the rest of this pregnancy will be as wonderful as it has been until this weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad you know what it is now! That's so much better that not knowing. But what a PAIN! I'm so so sorry! ((HUGS))

Lovely Lindsay said...

oh dear! i had no idea! take it easy, my friend. take it easy.
love, lin

Gosfam said...

Oh Dear I have heard a kidney stone is an equivalent to giving birth so apparently you have double duty. Hang in there. I am so sorry you have to deal with that.

Marlene said...

Ok, we need an update - We are worried about you because we haven't heard anything.
So PLEASE at least post a "Hi I'm fine now just busy preparing" or something!