Monday, February 16, 2009

Life is not measured by minutes...but by memories



Mark and I made this clock and I love the saying..."Life is not measured by minutes...but by memories. So...I thought I would list some of my favorite memories!

Growing up on a boat on the Columbia River! I miss those summers.

664 N. Shepard in Kennewick! My childhood home!

The hydroplane races.

Family reunions in Idaho.

Dad and Denise's cabin!

Floating the river at the cabin and running into a tree of tree worms (they were everywhere)

Fighting with my little sister and brother.

Idolizing my older sister (big mistake)!

Being the best Aunt in the world!

Having the best Aunt's in the world!

Cousins!!!!! We had some great times!

My big car accident with my dad and sister.

All my "boyfriends" (you know who you are)!

My party days. Oh...the things I learned.

The first night I met "Elder Jensen" and how it forever changed the course of my life.

The day I realized that the Gospel gave me everything I was missing and hoping for.

The day of my baptism and how a TON of kids my age showed up that I didn't even know...just to support me. They will never know the impact they made on my life that day or the strength they gave me to stay faithful until I truly found my own testimony.

The day I realized that Mark was the man I would marry.

The day Mark asked me to marry him.

The excitement of getting married marred with the realization that I would move away from the only home I have ever known with someone I didn't know nearly as well as all the family and friends I was leaving behind.

Becoming Mrs. Mark (you know the last name)!

Our first apartment...orange shag carpet and an ant problem (humble beginnings) but it was OURS.

Buying our first home.

Having a doctor tell me that I would likely never have children (this was not a great memory) but it had a wonderful result.

BUILDING a home together!

Being told that a brave 15 year old girl had chosen us to raise her son!!!

Meeting Tyce for the first time. The love and awe I had for his first mom.

The last 3 years as Tyce's MOM!

Realizing that Mark and I had proven all the doctors wrong by realizing I was pregnant.

My wonderful pregnancy that I still miss!

Giving birth to my Kaze baby! Every woman should get to do this!

The last 4 months as a mom of two!

All the great times and really hard times in my life that have made me the person I am today. I love that person!

What are your memories in the minutes of your life?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I'm glad that I have had all this time with you and thankyou for all that you do for our family Love Mark

Daisha said...

It has been my pleasure! You are an amazing Dad and husband! Here is to many more minutes and many more memories!!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Your baptism was one of the memories that I will never forget. Even though I've attended a lot of baptisms, there was something special about yours. It's great seeing how happy you and your family are!

Brandon

Katherine said...

That was neat! I learned a lot more about you!